A big THANK YOU to all that were able to join us yesterday at the LA County Board of Supervisors meeting! We know it was a long one and appreciate your comments in support of #ourparks and open space.
Meeting Recap: The Board of Supervisors unanimously voted to accept the LA County Department of Parks and Recreations Parks Needs Assessment report and a motion was made to bring back final ballot initiative language back on June 21st. Additionally, the LA County Parks and Recreations Department will be holding a series of community meetings to share the results from the parks needs assessment.
How can you support during this time? It’s important for us to continue to communicate the need to support #ourparks and open space. Please share the following meeting dates with your networks and encourage your stakeholders to attend to learn about the parks needs assessment results and what it means for their communities.
Supervisor Hilda Solis, District 1
- East Los Angeles – Thursday, May 12 7:00PM – 8:30PM Griffith Middle School, 4765 E. 4th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90022
- Baldwin Park – Thursday, May 26 7:00PM – 8:30PM St. John the Baptist Church, 3883 Baldwin Park Blvd, Baldwin Park, CA 91706
Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas, District 2
- South LA – Wednesday, May 18 7:00PM – 8:30PM Exposition Center, 3980 Bill Robertson Lane, Los Angeles, CA 90037
- South Bay – Hawthorne Wednesday, May 11 7:00PM – 8:30PM Hawthorne Memorial Park, 3901 W. El Segundo Blvd. Hawthorne, CA 90250
Supervisor Sheila Kuehl, District 3
- Santa Monica – Monday, May 9 7:00PM – 8:30PM Civic Auditorium East Wing, 1855 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401
- Pacoima – Thursday, May 19 7:00PM – 8:30PM Pacoima City Hall, 13520 Van Nuys Blvd, Pacoima, CA 91331
Supervisor Don Knabe, District 4
- North Long Beach – Thursday, May 26 7:00PM – 8:30PM Houghton Park Center, 6301 N. Myrtle Ave, Long Beach, CA 90805
- Hacienda Heights – Monday, May 16th from 7PM-8:30PM Hacienda Heights Community Center, 1234 Valencia Avenue, Hacienda Heights, CA 91745
Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich, District 5
- Palmdale – Wednesday, May 25th 7:00PM – 8:30PM George Lane Park, 5520 W Ave L-8, Quartz Hill, CA 93536
- Santa Clarita – Tuesday, May 17 7:00PM – 8:30PM William S. Hart Park, 24151 Newhall Avenue, Newhall (Santa Clarita) 91321
- Arcadia – Wednesday, May 11 7:00PM – 8:30PM Los Angeles County Arboretum & Botanic Garden, 301 N Baldwin Ave, Arcadia, CA 91007
For more information or questions on these meetings, please contact the Los Angeles Neighborhood Land Trust at 213.797.6554 or firstname.lastname@example.org