Call to Action!
Your presence is needed tomorrow at a Los Angeles City Council Budget Committee meeting. The recently released Mayor’s 2017-2018 proposed budget contains significant reductions to the Department of Recreation and Parks’ budget. These cuts would result in the elimination of critical maintenance positions across the city that keep our parks safe and clean.
Tomorrow’s meeting will deliberate the proposed budget and department funding – show up and demonstrate that parks are a priority for our communities and need full funding and support from the City.
There are two time window in which to take action. Wear green if you can! Details below.
Wednesday, April 26, 2017
- 1:00 – 2:00 pm. Budget deliberations will be heard promptly at 1:00.
- 4:00 – 6:00 pm. Public comment will likely begin later in the day – make your voice heard!
- Link to Agenda
City Hall – John Ferraro Council Chamber – Room 340
200 N Spring St, LA, CA 90012
RSVP to email@example.com
Whether or not you can make it, contact information for councilmembers on the Budget Committee is below if you would like to get in touch with them directly to voice any concerns you may have regarding the proposed budget.
- Councilmember Paul Krekorian (Chair) 213-473-7002
- Councilmember Mitch Englander 213-473-7012
- Councilmember Nury Martinez 213-473-7006
- Councilmember Bob Blumenfield 213-473-7003
- Councilmember Mike Bonin 213-473-7011