Save the Park Bond!
The Governor, Senate and Assembly have developed a final park bond package (SB 5). In order to get the park bond on the June 2018 ballot we need a 2/3 vote from the legislature. We expect the vote to happen on Thursday (tomorrow) or Friday.
We have a lot of work to do to get SB 5 through the Assembly, and leaders in the legislature have asked for our community to build up social media support. We need both broad and targeted pushes to local members. A target list of members is below, as well as sample tweets. We’ve also attached social media graphics to use on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (click on the images below to download).
Please make calls, send emails, and push these images and tweets out as soon as possible.
- D 60; Corona, Eastvale, part of Riverside
- D 46; Van Nuys, part of Hollywood – Priority for outreach
- D 39; San Fernando
- D 48; Covina, Azusa, Glendora
- D 47; San Bernardino, Fontana
- D 62; Inglewood, Hawthorne
- R 34; Sunset Beach, Huntington Beach, Garden Grove, Santa Ana
- R 21; Santa Clarita, Palmdale, Lancaster, Victorville
@XXX please support #SB5 because our communities need clean air, water and safe places to play! #CALeg #ParquesParaTodos
#SB5 = healthy communities + climate resilience! @XXX please support #SB5 for #Parks4all!
Thank you for your help with this time sensitive effort!